Transportation and installation
DNV GL provides transportation and installation services for offshore structures and vessels typically between the fabrication location and offshore field.
Our experience-based quality consultancy covers all aspects of a load-out, transportation and installation scope, from vessel identification to load out, sail-away, discharge and float-overs, offshore heavy-lifts as well as operations related to offshore power cables.
As well as transportation and installation we can also help with in-service activities such as mooring line change-out, repair and replacement as well as decommissioning operations.
DNV GL provides engineering analysis, marine procedures and execution support regardless of the type of cargo. Transportation and installation services can be combined with project management.
- Load-out: skidded, lifted, SPMTs, floated-on
- Transportation: routing, metocean, sea-fastening, cargo strength, motion analysis
- Installation: rigging analysis, lift points, ballasting, jacket launch, motion analysis
- Float-overs: hydrodynamic analysis, DP capability and mooring
- Floating units: temporary phases, tow and hook-up, mooring line change-outs.