Verification of subsea facilities
Head of Section, Subsea and Well Systems
Driving the development of standards and best practices
Subsea facilities, like all other offshore oil and gas assets, have the potential to contribute to major accidents.
As a leading technical assurance service provider, DNV GL provides risk-based verification services for subsea facilities, with a work scope that includes design review and inspections.
The subsea industry faces challenges from high cost levels and complexity. Major cost and efficiency issues also derive from project specific quality assurance and operator specifications that can vary from field to field.
By identifying the major risks and mitigation opportunitie, DNV GL verification and review work can reduce the overall risk for integrators and owners. The service checks compliance of subsea facilities with specified requirements, and can be delivered in all project phases.
DNV GL performs verification for:
- Subsea production systems (SPS) including:
- Subsea trees
- Subsea templates and manifolds
- Subsea control systems
- ROV intervention equipment
- Modular and integrated single satellite and multiwell templates.
- Subsea processing and subsea boosting stations
- Flowline riser bases (FRB)
- Export riser bases (ERB)
- Pipeline end manifolds (PLEM)
- Pipeline end terminations (PLET)
- T- and Y-connections
- Subsea isolation valves (SSIV).
What you get:
- Assistance with establishing verification plans
- Identification of the most important risks in the project
- Detailed examples that clarify our work scope and activities
- Identification of a predictable set of documents for review
- Early identification of risks.