Work and rest hours software
The Work & Rest software module of Navigator Port provides a cost-effective way of demonstrating compliance with relevant legislations on seafarers' work and rest hours, such as MLC 2006 and STCW 2010.
For compliance with maritime legislation - MLC 2006 and STCW 2010 rest hours
- Calculates rest hours and automatically checks compliance with work and rest hours legislation - used by onboard crew and vessel watchkeepers
- Daily/monthly summary reports of complete crew hours and flagging of violations of rules to vessel and fleet
- Fleet monitoring from web-based Shore module (add-on module) allows you to monitor the work and rest compliance according to latest maritime legislations including:
- Maritime Labour Convention 2006
- ILO Convention (No. 180) concerning Seafarers' Hours of Work and the Manning of Ships
- STCW - 95 (Standard of Training, Certification and Watchkeeping for Seafarers) incl. Manila amendments 2010
- US OPA 90 (Oil Pollution Act of 1990)
- OCIMF's Guidelines governing Seafarers' Hours of Work & Rest
MLC 2006 rest hours
Commercial vessels of 500 GT and above and trading internationally are required to carry an MLC 2006 certificate which also ensures that crew have an upper limit on work hours within 24-hour and 72-hour periods. These vessels have to carry specific documents such as the Maritime Labour Certificate (MLC) and a Declaration of Maritime Labour Compliance (DMLC) to show that the ships are in compliance with the requirements of the convention, including work and rest hours.