World Offshore Accident Database
Woad (World Offshore Accident Database) gives you access to accident data for diverse offshore facility types. It has been curated since 1975 by experts at DNV GL, providing accident causes, location, social and economic impacts, etc. that prove invaluable for a variety of risk management initiatives.
Offshore accident data for oil and gas facilities
- Access to the world’s most comprehensive available offshore accident data
- Information on over 6000 offshore accidents and incidents from 1970 to date
- Technical data on approximately 3700 offshore units
- The World Offshore Accident Database is a tool used extensively by key players in the offshore industry worldwide, including rig owners, drilling operators, insurance companies, consultants, salvage companies and regulatory authorities
Continuously updated offshore accident data
Knowledge of past accidents serves as important input to risk assessment initiatives and helps you ensure that known hazards are properly understood and effectively mitigated against. The World Offshore Accident Database contains a vast range of information covering the different aspects of an accident – technical, economic, social, operational etc. The range of useful applications of information from the World Offshore Accident Database is extensive. It shows the rate of accidents by unit type, geography, function, accident type and more - extremely useful for quantitative risk analysis (QRA).
Woad is also beneficial for analysis of descriptions of accidents. We can see how events have escalated from an initial event through a chain to an ultimate endpoint. This can provide lessons to designers, allow hazard indentification for risk reduction and assist in emergency response design.
Key benefits of World Offshore Accident Database software
- Ready and direct access to a rich repository of offshore accident data
- The Woad database is continuously updated with the latest information available from a range of sources
- The Woad program offers easy-to-use filtering of the offshore accident data, one-click reporting and export to Microsoft Word and Excel
- The World Offshore Accident Database is web-based (http://woad.dnv.com) which means it is readily accessible