During consequence modelling or QRA work, it is important for safety engineers to analyse the effectiveness of various mitigation systems. One key consideration is that of water spray/curtain on the dispersing cloud or on the heat loading for surrounding equipment and structures.
During this webinar, we will demonstrate how you can use DNV GL’s KFX computational fluid dynamics (CFD) modelling to provide guidance to safety engineers and consultants on different strategies for managing water spray mitigation.
You will learn:
- How to use the spray model in KFX to model deluge systems and water curtains
- Examples of real-life cases where KFX has been applied
- How the effectiveness of the deluge system is affected by nozzle location and droplet size
- How water curtains can be used to mitigate dispersion of dense gas clouds
- Physical foundation and validation of the KFX spray model
- Rune Natten Kleiveland, CFD Product Manager/Principal Specialist, DNV GL
- Mike Johnson, Head of Product Management and Strategy, DNV GL