Digital climate services
The amount of data from the global climate models as well as extreme weather and climate related hazard data is overwhelming for decision-makers who need fast and actionable insights.
DNV GL has therefore developed "C-GEAR Core" (Climatic Geo Enhanced Assessment of Risks). This is an integrated state-of-the-art tool that consists of several applications and platforms that capture, analyze and visualize climate, weather and hazard-related information. Our aim is to support decision-making processes by translating data into risk-based information.
C-GEAR Core is an interactive platform embedded in a dynamic geographical information system. It consists of a computational core and an intuitive user interface which can be accessed by decision makers, technical experts and other stakeholders.
C-GEAR Core is a web-based cloud solution which enables users to:
- Explore climate data and climatic trends and perform data analytics on the data;
- Interactively query climate risks for a given region or infrastructure(s); and
- Perform hazard-based rankings and identify regions where climate risks are beyond critical levels.
- Better understanding of what is happening (discovery);
- Better understanding of what can happen (predictive analytics and modelling); and
- Action to be taken (from measurement to management and better decision support).