10% discount if 3 or more delegates attend from the same company.
Spadeadam Testing and Research, Cumbria, UK
Course objective and scope
This 1-day course offers attendees the opportunity to gain an understanding of the challenges associated with ageing plant equipment. The course highlights that ageing is not just an issue for facilities approaching their end of life phase but that the mechanisms of ageing can begin before a facility has been built.
The course uses live demonstrations supported by classroom based learning to cover the key ageing mechanisms as well as systems and measures for controlling them.
Classroom based sessions will cover the following topics:
- Corrosion, erosion and weathering
- Physical damage/deformation/buckling/thermal shock
- Fatigue, stress driven damage, vibration and cycling
- Metallurgical and environmental damage
- Control systems including plant design, competencies, operating procedures and maintenance schedules
- Inspection programmes and NDT
- Current HSE guidance and KP4 considerations
- Competence, data input for maintenance management systems, forecasting and planning.
The following types of incident will be demonstrated:
- Underground release
- Corroded pipework
- Degraded PFP (passive fire protection)
- Hose failure with and without whip arrestor
- Fatigue induced release
- Blocked deluge system.
Who should attend?
The course is suitable for all those in the oil and gas and process industries responsible for the running, management or maintenance of ageing systems.
Reserve your place on this course
To register for a scheduled Ageing plant hazard awareness course, please register here.
Due to the secure location of Spadeadam Testing and Research, all visitors must have photographic ID and non-British nationals must send passport details four weeks in advance of the course.
The course fee is £1,100 + VAT (10% discount if 3 or more delegates attend from the same company). Payment should be received by cheque made payable to GL Industrial Services UK Ltd or company order two weeks prior to the start of the course. Registration is not possible without payment. Accommodation and transport are not included in the course fees.
Contact us for details of local preferential rates at spadeadamHAC@dnvgl.com or call +44 1697 747404.
Charges for late cancellation
No charge will be made if written cancellation is received by us at least 14 days before the event. If written cancellation is received less than 14 days prior to the event, 50% of the fee is payable.