Competence & Qualification
To qualify future HazMat experts on preparing the Inventory of Hazardous Materials.
Previous shipping or HazMat knowledge
Who should attend:
Duration: 4 days
The course has been specifically developed in order to train HazMat Experts in line with the IMO Hong Kong Convention – SR/CONF/45, the EU Ship Recycling Regulation (EU SRR), which has entered into force on 30 December 2013. Moreover it covers the related Guidelines for the Development of the Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM). The course outlines the rules and regulations in respect of ship recycling including requirements for ship owners and documentation of hazardous materials for allowing safe ship dismantling activities. Interactive case studies support the learning process during the theoretical part of the course. The practical part will take place on board a ship to help complete the aim of the course to prepare the Inventory of Hazardous Materials (IHM). Successful participation will be verified with an examination on the fourth day and confirmed with the awarding of a DNV GL certificate.
The course focuses on:
- Knowledge of relevant legislation
- Evaluation of onboard situation and preparation for onsite inspection
- Communication and software tool
- Safe working conditions
- Conduction of onboard inspections
- Taking of samples & statistics and on-site derivation from sampling plan according to unexpected situations
- Analysis of samples and interpretation of analysis results
- Preparation of reports and ship specific IHMs