The course objective is to gain insight knowledge on the DNV GL standard ST-0111 - Assessment of station keeping capability of dynamic positioning vessels and how the standard can be used. The aim is also to understand and learn how to use the DP Capability web-app tools for computing a vessel's DP Capability.
No previous knowledge required.
Who should attend: Designers, yards, vessel owners, energy companies, consultants, regulatory bodiesDuration: Half Day
This presentation will explain the principles behind the DNV GL Standard ST-0111 and the methodology provided for the calculations.
- Description of the vessel DP capability calculations from the three different levels: DP Capability Level 1, 2 and 3 (and site versions)
- Difference between the new standard and other available standards and specifications (ERN*, IMCA M140, API 2SK)
- Feedback from industry and experience from practical use on different sectors
- Presentation of the DP Capability Level 1 and Level 2 (and 2-site) web-app
- Free web-app: from “how to start” to “getting results and reports”. Examples with real vessels will be provided. Different power configurations will also be evaluated (with and without battery, open/closed bus-tie, etc)
- Examples of calculations of Level 2 and Level 2-site, including how to obtain IMCA M140 DP Capability plots
- Tips and tricks
- On-going and future development
There will also be a demonstration of the Level 3-Site web-app, followed by discussion of different thrust allocation methodologies, advantages and disadvantages (Pseudo Inverse, Quadratic Programming, Genetic Algorithm).
The course will be held in English language.
The course focuses on:
- Understanding the requirements of the standard and how to apply different methods (including DNV GL Class requirements)
- Understanding the methodologies in the standard
- Getting results with the web-app
- Comparison of the standard with other available methods
- Discussion on future development (both web-app and standard)