Participants will gain knowledge of procurement strategies, contract management, inventory control and supply chain logistics in the maritime environment.
Basic maritime knowledge
Who should attend: Ship Owners, Head of Finance, Head of Fleet Management, Superintendents, Procurement Managers and Supervisors.
Duration: 1 Day
This course covers the various activities for Maritime/Shipping Companies at Strategic, Middle Management/Operational Level facilitating the end-to-end procurement cycles to support vessel operations and reliability. The participant will gain knowledge on the leading practices for Procurement within the shipping industry leading to a better understanding of the key procurement processes in shipping and why they are important. Course participants will actively take part in exchanging of experiences through case studies and group discussion and learn about best practices from the trainer as well as the other course participants.
- Overview of current Procurement Processes
- Procurement Strategy based on ship types
- Procurement Department Organisation - BWP
- Contract Management and Resource Planning
- Inventory, Budget Control and Requisitioning
- Supply Chain Logistics & Last Mile Delivery
- Case Studies highlighting opportunities for improvement
- The future of Procurement in Shipping