Participants are encouraged to attend the Pipeline overview course prior to this course.
Add to calendar 2017/10/25 09:00 2017/10/26 18:00 Europe/Oslo Corroded pipelines (2 days) This 2-day course provides insight in how to assess pipeline integrity with respect to corrosion based on the principles described in DNVGL-RP-F101 Corroded pipelines
This only adds the training to your calendar, please remember to register for this training. Hovik https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
This is a 2-day classroom course. It provides insight in how to assess pipeline integrity with respect to corrosion based on the principles described in DNVGL-RP-F101 Corroded pipelines
Upon completion of this course the delegates have obtained an overview of the most important technology concepts, systems and terminology in the following areas:
- Be able to use DNVGL-RP-F101 to assess corroded pipelines subjected to internal pressure (single defects, interacting defects and complex shaped defects)
- Be able to differentiate between the most common pipeline inline inspection methods and recognize the impact of inspection uncertainties on assessment of corroded pipelines
- Be able to list the most common pipeline corrosion mechanisms and describe methods for predicting time development.
Engineers evaluating pipelines in operation and pipeline engineers working with pipeline condition/fitness for service assessments and inspection planning.
- Background and methodology
- Pipeline corrosion mechanisms
- Metal loss inspection and associated uncertainties
- Assessment approaches in DNVGL-RP-F101 (Single defect, metal loss interaction, complex shape including calculation exercises)
- Combined loading
- Assessment long axial internal corrosion defects
- Corrosion development, corrosion rate estimation and remaining life.