Elastomers are used throughout the oil and gas industry in several types of applications: seals, packers, bearings, flexible joints, corrosion protection, hoses and more. This course will give you some basic understanding of elastomer materials and the related challenges, to assess and improve the quality and robustness of oil and gas equipment.
The following subjects will be covered by lectures and group work:
- Introduction to elastomers
- Elastomer characteristics, challenges and failure mechanisms
- Elastomer production
- Elastomer types and selection of elastomer
- Qualification of elastomeric products
- Standards and test methods
- Specification of elastomer materials.
All with a special focus on oil and gas applications.
The course includes a digital work book with useful information for future work with elastomers.
Elastomers in oil and gas training course is designed for engineers who would like to have more general knowledge of elastomeric materials.