10% discount if 3 or more delegates attend from the same company.
Spadeadam Research and Testing, Cumbria, UK
Add to calendar 2018/03/06 09:00 2018/03/08 18:00 Expert hazard awareness training (2.5 days) Delivered by industry experts and accredited by the IChemE.
This only adds the training to your calendar, please remember to register for this training. Spadeadam Testing and Research https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
Course objectives and scope
This expert course aims to provide delegates with an understanding of the potential effects and consequences of hydrocarbon releases in the oil and gas industry. Attendees will develop their understanding of dispersion, fires and explosions through a series of classroom sessions, discussions and live practical demonstrations. The course is accredited by the IChemE and counts as 9.5 hours of continued professional development (CPD).
Course contentLive demonstrations and lectures presented by industry experts will cover the following topics.
- Fires, including:
- How do fires occur?
- Characteristics of jet and pool fires
- How fires cause damage and how the potential for damage can be assessed
- Dispersion, including:
- Characteristics of vapour dispersion following a liquid spill
- Potential effects of delayed ignition
- Gas accumulation within confined structures
- Dispersion of releases in onshore and offshore facilities and from pipelines.
- Explosions, including:
- Mechanism for pressure generation in congested process regions
- Effect of confinement and congestion on explosions
- Deflagration to detonation transition
- Methods for estimating explosion loading and mitigation.
The following types of incidents will be demonstrated:
- Liquid nitrogen spill
- Confined, vented explosion
- Spindle, flange and large jet fires
- Methanol and diesel pool fires.
For more information on this course, please contact us.
Who should attendThe course is suitable for those who require a greater depth of knowledge regarding hydrocarbon releases, including:
- Safety managers/representatives
- Hazard assessment engineers.
Reserve your place on this course
To register for a scheduled Expert hazard awareness course, please register here.
Due to the secure location of Spadeadam Testing and Research, all visitors must have photographic ID and non-British nationals must send passport details four weeks in advance of the course.
Payment should be received by cheque made payable to GL Industrial Services UK Ltd or company order two weeks prior to the start of the course. Registration is not possible without payment. Accommodation and transport are not included in the course fees.
Contact us for details of local preferential rates.
Charges for late cancellation
No charge will be made if written cancellation is received by us at least 14 days before the event. If written cancellation is received less than 14 days prior to the event, 50% of the fee is payable.