£1,625 + VAT
10% discount if 3 or more delegates attend from the same company.
Spadeadam Testing and Research, Cumbria, UK
Add to calendar 2019/03/26 08:00 2019/03/28 18:00 Expert hazard awareness training (2.5 days) Delivered by industry experts and accredited by the IChemE.
This only adds the training to your calendar, please remember to register for this training. Spadeadam Testing and Research https://www.facebook.com/events/703782616363133 false YYYY/MM/DD akeGphYOczrmtQTfhmEQ22349
Course objectives and scope
This expert course provides delegates with an understanding of the potential consequences of hydrocarbon releases in the oil and gas industry by reference to key experimental research, modelling and major incidents. Attendees will develop their technical understanding of dispersion, fires and explosions and the relevance to incident development through a series of classroom sessions, workshops and live practical demonstrations. The course is accredited by the IChemE and counts as 9.5 hours of continued professional development (CPD).
Live demonstrations, lectures and workshops led by industry experts will cover the following topics:
- Outflow and dispersion, including:
- Factors affecting fluid outflow from a loss of containment event
- Important considerations on vapour production, dispersion and build-up of flammable clouds
- Relevance to releases on onshore and offshore facilities and from pipelines.
- Why ignition of some flammable clouds produces damaging pressures
- Major vapour cloud explosions and relevance of deflagration to detonation transition in real site conditions
- Selection of modelling tools for explosions and their effects
- Explosion loading and mitigation.
- Fires, including:
- Types of fires
- Fire characteristics and how these relate to the potential consequences and mitigation for real facilities
- Modelling of fire events.
The relevance of the technical aspects will be reviewed in workshops focussed on several major accidents. This will reinforce the key learnings from the course.
The following types of incidents will be demonstrated:
- Liquid nitrogen spill
- Butane vapour cloud deflagration
- Confined, vented explosion
- Spindle, flange and large jet fires
- Kerosene jet fire
- Methanol and diesel pool fires
- Hydrogen detonation.
Who should attendThe course is suitable for those who require a greater depth of knowledge regarding hydrocarbon releases, including:
- Safety managers/representatives
- Hazard assessment engineers
- Technical safety engineers
- Incident investigators
- Major hazards researchers
- Insurance loss assessors.
Reserve your place on this course
To register for a scheduled Expert hazard awareness course, please register here.
Due to the secure location of Spadeadam Testing and Research, all visitors must have photographic ID and non-British nationals must send passport details four weeks in advance of the course.
Contact us for details on payment and local preferential rates. Accommodation and transport are not included in the course fees.
Charges for late cancellation
No charge will be made if written cancellation is received by us at least 14 days before the event. If written cancellation is received less than 14 days prior to the event, 50% of the fee is payable.
Find more information here
2.5 day expert hazard awareness course
Spadeadam Testing and Research
Spadeadam offers the opportunity to test equipment, components, products, techniques and processes, and to provide data to validate computer models.
Related training courses