To understand the attitude and behaviour required of leaders in order to change to improve.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
Line Managers are increasingly required to take responsibility for actively managing the risks in their organisation. Managing risks related to Health, Safety and Environment (HSE) should be high on every manager’s agenda. This one-day course will help you to become familiar with basic leadership principles for effective HSE risk management. During the training we use a mix of activities to engage all participants in the learning process. We use presentations, group exercises, group discussions and tests.
The course focuses on:
- HSE Challenges in today’s organisations
- Definitions and principles of Leadership (versus Management)
- Roles of Leaders in Risk Management
- Risk management; Balancing Enterprise and Operational risks
- Communication in HSE Risk Management
- Coaching as a tool of behavioural change
- Creation of Commitment
- Commitment to Norms and Rules
- Measuring progress