To gain understanding on the proper assessment of hull damage.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
The course teaches basic knowledge related to the hull structure of bulk carriers and aims to improve the participants’ understanding of the same, having a positive effect on how inspections are carried out as part of the owner's own inspection scheme and in connection with class surveys.
The benefits of this course for the participants are:
- Enhanced safety awareness
- Better planning of inspection
- Understanding of critical areas
- Proper assessment of hull damage
- Controlled shore-based decision making
- Uniformity of reporting
- Smoother co-ordination with class
This course offers a combination of lectures, videos, group discussion and test cases.
The unique feature of this course is the interactive inspections with the use of a 3D Survey Simulator program which enables the participants to retain a much higher degree of knowledge than through common "show-and-tell" techniques.
The course focuses on:
- Areas of attention
- Typical kinds of damage
- Repair procedures
- Lessons learned from experience
- Interactive inspection with 3D Survey Simulator