During this course, you will learn how to implement or adapt an Integrated Management System according to the latest ISO standards and in compliance with the ISM code and other business operations in the maritime industry.
Who should attend:
Duration: 2 days
With the revision of the main ISO standards used in shipping in 2015 and 2018, the need to implement an efficient and integrated management system has grown ever stronger. This course will enable you to make an efficient transition from your existing management systems to the modern methodology of an integrated management system.
You will understand how an integrated system, based on the ISO high level structure (HLS), can be established as a powerful and efficient management tool to strengthen the business performance of your company in the increasingly complex operational environment we know today
The course focuses on:
- Principles of modern maritime management systems
- Integration strategy and the need for high quality documentation
- ISO high level structure methodology
- Implementation of the ISO 9001:2015 and 14001:2015, 45001:2018 requirements in relation to the ISM Code: Company in context with the management system's scope, leadership and commitment, planning of objectives, managing risks and changes, processes of shipping operations, performance evaluation, improvement of the system
- Overview of ISO 50001:2018
- Harmonized "seamless" certification of management systems
State of the art interactive teaching methods are employed during the two days to ensure that the learning is effective. During group activities you will become familiar with suitable tools for developing and adapting management systems. You will learn how to plan an integrated management system and develop a modern process structure by doing practical activities. Throughout the course you will be guided by our trainers who are well-experienced in implementing and auditing a variety of management systems in shipping.