Introduction to the Offshore Industry and Dynamic Positioning
Training course providing basic knowledge about the offshore industry and an introduction to dynamic positioning.
To gain basic knowledge about the offshore industry and an introduction to dynamic positioning.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
This module is directed at newly employed or laterally hired personnel in the maritime industry without prior knowledge of the offshore industry.
The module starts with the historical background of offshore activities before going on to look at vessel types (e.g. AHTS, DSV, PSV, ROV Survey) and dynamic positioning.
In addition to the functioning of the DP system attention is paid to the training of the DP operator. The working environment of a DPO will also be briefly introduced.
Practical case studies are used as teaching methods throughout.
The course focuses on:
- Historical background and offshore today
- Offshore vessel types / Working Method
- Dynamic positioning – functions and operation, DP Class I – III (IMO Class)
- DPO – education and training
- Requirements for Nautical Officers
- Technical requirements DP Class I –III
- Position Reference Systems and Sensors