General principles for welding technology, welding methods, welding metallurgy, welding procedure specifications and qualifications, pipeline welding, welding of subsea production systems.
Upon completion participants will:
- Be able to identify the different welding methods and typical defects or other associated challenges
- Have a higher knowledge of the WPS and the corresponding WPQR
- Have increased understanding of how welding affects the component's integrity
- Know special focus areas when dealing with welding of carbon steels and stainless steels.
This course is intended for personnel who have a role related to welding of offshore oil and gas pipelines and production systems.
- Design engineers with special interest in welding technology
- Materials engineers with little or no work experience within industry
- Engineers or technologists working with manufacturing, quality assurance and fabrication follow-up.