Training course explaining the basics behind LPG Carriers industry, their operation, applicable statutory and special requirements including safety related matters concerning type of cargo grades.
This course explains the basics behind the Liquified Petroleum Gas (LPG) Carriers industry, their operation, applicable statutory and special requirements including safety related matters concerning type of cargo grades, etc.
Who should attend:
Duration: 2 days
Participants will gain a deep and qualitative understanding of the ‘Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG)’ sector and related IMO Convention and IGC Code.
Practical and theoretical case studies will contribute to enrich the comprehension of LPG Cargo Handling Operations and all safety related matters.
The course focuses on:
- Gas basics
- Key operational points / steps from dry-dock until discharging
- Cargo handling (Loading/Discharging Pre-Planning)
- Cargo handling equipment
- Change of grades, precautions that should be taken into account
- Safety procedures, Emergency Shut Down (ESDS)
- Safety sensors, controlling equipment
- Custody transfer system (gauging/measurement/temperature & pressure control-monitoring)
- Identification of hazards
- Dangerous zones
- Material used in cargo tanks and piping