To gain thorough knowledge on the applicable provisions which are to be implemented in the operational maintenance routine on board.
Knowledge of ship operation
Who should attend:
Duration: 0,5 days
This module provides an overview on the legal framework and gives advice on the practical implementation of provisions for the maintenance of life-saving appliances and fire-fighting equipment on board seagoing ships.
The applicable international minimum standard to be met, additional requirements adopted by individual flag state administrations and provisions imposed by classification societies are introduced.
Equipment, appliances and systems subject to specific statutory or class maintenance requirements are identified, also in terms of on board maintenance and service to be provided by shore-based service suppliers.
This course will qualify participants to be competent contact persons within the company’s operation ashore and on board the ships, as well as in corresponding port state matters and for companies providing surveys and maintenance services.
By means of practical case studies the presented material is discussed and the participant’s knowledge is broadened.
The scope of maintenance exemplarily illustrated for selected fixed fire-fighting systems completes this module.
The course focuses on:
- Legal framework on maintenance of life-saving appliances and fire-fighting equipment
- Specials of flag state administrations and other particularities
- Equipment, appliances and systems subject to specific maintenance requirements
- Interpretation and practical application of the rules and regulations
- Documentation required on board
- Tools and information available
- Examples on scope of maintenance for fixed firefighting systems