NOK 13 000
10% discount for companies with 2 or more participants on this course. Deadline for enrolment: One week before course start.
This introductory course discusses most common metallic materials for offshore structures, components and pipelines, including manufacturing methods and fabrication activities used. The course also endeavours to give a more in depth understanding of selected topics like basic metallurgy, welding, hydrogen induced stress-cracking (HISC), pipeline materials and failure investigation.
Upon completion participants will:
- Obtain basic competence on the most common offshore metallic materials and their respective fabrication methods
- Improve understanding of the different material issues typically encountered in an offshore development project
- Materials engineers with little or no experience
- Engineers working with manufacturing and fabrication follow-up
- Design engineers with special interest in materials