Modern safety management is the most widely attended course of its kind in the world and DNV GL's best-selling course worldwide. Modern safety management is based on proven principles of safety management and provides participants with the fundamental concepts and techniques for a practical, proactive approach to managing safety and controlling losses.
Modern safety management 1st Edition was established in 1985 and has been taught to more than half a million participants worldwide. This pioneering course has defined good practice in safety management for industry worldwide.
Modern safety management 2nd Edition was launched in 2007 to include the latest risk management concepts and techniques needed to implement an integrated health, safety, security, environmental and quality management system. This course provides participants with practical and proactive management techniques to ensure safe and sustainable operations.
Target audienceModern safety management is recommended for safety managers, risk managers, supervisors and other operating managers who have management system responsibilities. Modern Safety Management is a foundation course to support users of ISRS and is available in Chinese, English, French, Indonesian, Italian, Korean, Portuguese, Polish and Spanish.
Learning objectiveOn completion of a Modern safety management course the participant will:
- Understand the activities that have proven effective in managing workplace safety
- Be able to apply fundamental concepts and tools to implement an effective safety management system
- Understand the processes and activities that have proven effective in managing risks and ensuring safe and sustainable operations
- Be able to apply practical techniques for risk identification, evaluation and control
- Know how to apply behaviour management techniques
- Be a more effective leader in safety management.
No previous experience required.