By the end of this two-day workshop, participants can apply the key steps in negotiation and can build on their own personal styles so they are more effective negotiators both in and out of the workplace.
Who should attend:
Duration: 2 days
The ability to negotiate is without doubt an advantage in all aspects of life. In professional business situations, sharp negotiating skills are not an optional extra but an essential to maximise personal effectiveness. This highly practical guide is for professionals – whether negotiating over the phone or face-to-face – and will take you through the key steps of negotiation, clearly directing you towards the most effective route to developing successful negotiating outcomes. The challenge in a multi-cultural environment is that it increases the chances of misunderstanding and miscommunication. In this environment clarity and a willingness to understand the other party are critical. In this workshop, we will explore how to negotiate effectively to build and preserve relationships and get effective and sustainable outcomes, which lead to commitment from all parties.
Course participants will learn to:
- Apply the fundamentals of negotiation
- Use the eight stages for successful negotiating – from preparation to closing the deal (BATNA & WATNA)
- Demonstrate each stage of the structured approach to negotiation, including why ‘Win-Win’ has its drawbacks and understand a consultative approach
- Use five further proven techniques to exert influence for best effect
- Demonstrate effective questioning and listening skills and understanding of the other parties
- Turn features of their negotiating position into benefits
- Explain the challenges of negotiating in a multi-cultural environment and plan to overcome them
- Prepare personal action plans for future success
This module was designed and will be delivered by the trainers from Sales Training International Ltd.