This course provides the basic understanding of procedures and steps during validation, correct installation of the secondary instrumentation and impact on the system uncertainties, correct procedures and steps to take to complete the T/RP/ME/2 metering system validation.
The practical sessions will be carried out using two purpose-built metering installations which can accommodate up to 4 candidates per course. Although the site is not in a hazardous area, candidates will be expected to carry out the tests in full PPE.
Learning objectiveBy the end of the course, participants should;
- Be aware of the principles and key features of the main types of metering systems in use within the natural gas industry
- Understand the principles and practice of volume conversion
- Understand the importance of correct calibration
- Understand the principles of current maintenance and validation requirements
- Appreciate the importance of flow calibration
- Appreciate the impact of metering errors
- Be confident and familiar with the Omni 600 flow computer and ME/2 spreadsheet.
Benefits of attending this course
- Learn about high-pressure metering and volume conversion
- Gain an understanding of the fiscal transfer process within the gas industry
- Access to industry experts whose skills are in demand across the globe
- Opportunity to train using typical equipment in a safe environment.
- Metering professionals (oil/gas) e.g. engineers/consultants/managers
- Instrument technicians.