Regulations, surveys and inspections
To learn about the key role played by Port State Control and gain a good understanding of how it functions thus enabling them to be well prepared for inspections and reduce the risk of detention.
Basic maritime knowledge
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
Port State Control (PSC) has become more active in recent years and PSC regimes will continue to take measures to ensure that ships are in compliance with international requirements related to safety, pollution prevention and manning conditions on board.
This one-day workshop offers practical guidance on how to prepare for and manage PSC inspections. Participants will be introduced to a number of useful PSC tools specially developed by DNV GL to support ship operators in achieving compliant operations. Active participation in the workshop is stimulated through the study of actual cases.
The course focuses on:
- History, objectives and scope of PSC
- PSC Regimes and targeting methods
- Inspection intervals and priorities
- On board procedures
- Frequent findings and grounds for detention
- Reducing the risk for detention
- How to handle detentions and appeals
- Safety culture and the Role of Class