The course will give the participants a broad overview of the essential elements involved in riser and umbilical analysis with special attention to global analysis. The course will give an overview of the characteristic response properties of risers and umbilicals including static and dynamic behaviour with emphasis on non-linearities. The topics covered include:
- Riser systems - short recap
- Environmental loads and load conditions
- Static finite element analysis
- Dynamic time domain analysis
- Wave modelling in riser analysis
- Hydrodynamic loading
- Floater motions.
Upon completion, participants will have an overview of the characteristic response properties of risers and umbilicals with special attention to global analysis.