To help you to understand real life challenges and solutions, develop insights into the methods and techniques that can be successfully implemented in your own organization.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
Timing strategic decision-making is vital in a competitive and technically fast evolving world. Understanding the relationships between enabling technologies and shifting market demand is fundamental. Road maps help teams to create a shared vision on relevant future developments.
In order to get a better understanding of how the future might look, strategic or innovation-oriented road maps are developed using (3 to 4) different scenarios of the future business environment.
Good road maps use a series of simple charts to:
- Reveal gaps in product and technology plans
- Prioritize investments based on drivers
- Improve target setting:
- Communicate business, technology and product plans
- The intensive and practical one day course is highly interactive is based on decades of consulting experience with strategic and tactical road maps and scenarios for product & market development and sustainability (energy efficiency, circular economy) in Europe.
Short lectures, discussions and practical exercises in small groups are supported by up-to-date cases from DNV GL.
During the course we work on a case selected from one of the participants. You will also get the opportunity to discuss and develop your own ideas on road mapping.
The course focuses on:
- Short overview of the most popular methodologies and techniques for road map and scenario development
- Step to step approach for road mapping from project initiation to execution
- Organizations and critical success factors for road map and scenario projects
- Examples of projects at company and sector level
- Find inspiration from other course participants