No previous experience in use of Sesam is required. However, some basic knowledge in riser design and non-linear FE analyses is required. For extension to coupled analysis of riser systems, see SE-18 Coupled motion analysis and riser design of offshore floating installations.
SE-19 Riser analysis
The course introduces the Sesam tools for carrying out riser analysis in time domain without the effects from a coupled analysis.
The following topics will be covered:
- Concept modelling of risers
- Environmental load modelling
- Analysis of individual lines based on floater RAOs or time series from file
- Use of Riflex through DeepC
- Post-processing of time series results
- Fatigue analysis
- ULS code check of steel risers
Structural engineers involved in design or verification of marine risers.