This workshop is meant to guide an engineer through the various analysis tasks required for a jacket design. The workshop is built up in lectures focusing each analysis task – this means that the attendee should have basic skills in Sesam and jacket design from before. The workshop material is built up to guide users though all steps required – in addition there is a general introduction to the subject jacket design and there are more explanations on the reason behind some of the design stages.
This workshop is divided into the following sections:
- Defining the workflow
- Modelling structure, loads, environment, pile and soil
- Linear analysis with wave and non-linear pile/soil
- Code checking of members (jacket and topside)
- Code checking of tubular joint
- Dynamic analysis (including eigenvalue)
- Fatigue analysis (spectral)
- Load-out analysis
- Jacket transportation analysis (centripetal accelerations)
- Deck lifting analysis
- Jacket launch analysis
- Un-piled condition.
Learn how to design, model and install a jacket.
Structural engineers performing design engineering of jackets.