International recognised trainning on enhancement of maritime security through awareness of security threats and appropriate response.
Commencing seagoing service
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
The course provides participants with the knowledge required to enable personnel without designated security duties in connection with a Ship Security Plan (SSP) to enhance ship security in accordance with the requirements of Chapter XI-2 of SOLAS 74 as amended, the ISPS Code, and section A-VI/6-1 of the STCW Code, as amended.
Interactive training methods are used to ensure communication of the required knowledge, understanding and proficiency.
Achievement of competence is assessed continuously during the course and by means of a final test.
The course focuses on:
- The meaning and the consequential requirements of the different security levels
- Knowledge of emergency procedures and contingency plans
- Recognition and detection of weapons, dangerous substances, and devices
- Recognition, on a non-discriminatory basis, of characteristics and behavioural patterns of persons who are likely to threaten security
- Techniques used to circumvent security measures