Our Ship Security Officer (SSO) course, accredited by the UK Maritime and Coastguard Agency, provides the essential training for those undertaking the duties of a Ship Security Officer. The course meets the requirements of the Ship and Port Facility Security (ISPS) Code and the guidance within SOLAS Regulations. These 3-day courses are delivered by experienced maritime trainers who have expert knowledge gained through many years operating within the security industry. Students will become proficient in amongst other topics:
- Maritime security threats and preventative measures
- Ship Security Assessments and Audits
- The creating of Ship Security Plans
- Ship and Port Facility security measures and arrangements
- Recognition of behavioural patterns of people likely to threaten security
- Detection of weapons, explosives and other dangerous substances
- Regular testing, calibration and effective use of security equipment and systems.