To familiarize the participants with the objectives and requirements of SOx Scrubber systems.
Knowledge of vessel operation and compliance topics, international and national maritime regulations
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
The world fleet has little time left to become compliant with the Global Sulphur Cap 2020, and many stakeholders are still uncertain about how to prepare for it. There are basically three possible solutions in order to comply:
- Retrofit your system for alternative fuels (e.g. LNG)
- Operate using compliant fuels (MGO/blends)
- Retrofit scrubber systems and operate on heavy fuel oil
This training course looks at the last option, retrofitting scrubber systems and the various challenges and risks associated with this solution.
The course focuses on:
- Scrubber system design principles
- Safety, reliability and operational aspects
- Financial considerations
- Design preparations: Class rules and statutory requirements
- Commissioning and performance tests
- Retrofit project management and DNV GL project organization