The reduction of the levelized cost of electricity is a key goal for the wind industry. The cost reduction may come from many sources during the development, manufacturing, construction and operational lifetime of the wind power plant.
DNV GL has been in the wind energy market for more than three decades. The experiences gained and lessons learned from European offshore wind power projects in recent years were taken into account during development of this new service specification (SE).
The service specification has been developed based on industry input, feedback received and project experiences gained over years. The full life cycle and all assets of a wind power plant are now addressed and reference is made to all relevant standards.
Why this new service specification?
- Feedback from the industry showed that there is a need to have a more practical certification scheme at hand.
- It is a fully revised certification scheme for onshore and offshore wind power plants to meet market needs, considering latest developments and approaches (cost reduction, risk based).
- It will facilitate the application of project certification and help to identify relevant technical standards in the benefit of the safety, quality and reliability of a wind power plant.
What has been done?
- Providing better guidance for developers, owners and contractors during the whole life cycle of the wind power plant, from concept to operation, lifetime extension to decommissioning and repowering.
- Implementing an optional asset related certification procedure for wind turbines, substations, power cables and newly control stations.
- Including new optional phases such as concept, lifetime extension, decommissioning and repowering.
- Providing further optional certification services such as site-specific, met mast, marking aids, performance certifications.
What is the value?
- Most wind power plant relevant topics addressed in one service specification.
- Easier application of the different possibilities given by a navigation table.
- New DNV GL scheme allows flexible split into phases and assets related certifications, and to add optional service elements based on individual needs and preferences
- Mitigating risks at an effective stage during different certification phases.
- Manufacturing surveillance fully revised to acknowledge different efforts and use synergies to reduce costs.
- Description to meet the state of the art, and to go beyond.
- Support in optimising the different life cycle phases of the power plant.
Do you want to know more?
- Invite us for an introduction.
- Download the complete new service specification DNVGL-SE-0190
- To get an easy overview, it is recommended that one reads the introduction section and has the document navigation table 1-1 of the DNVGL-SE-0190 at hand
- DNV GL launches world’s most comprehensive service specification for wind power plants news article.
An overview of the DNV GL independent accredited certification services for the renewable energy industry can be found here.
Certification services related to wind farms and wind power plants can be found here.