Drilling rigs, floating production units and offshore vessels are all supplied by various owners and operators to the oil and gas companies under different shelf state regimes. These owners and operators thus need to understand and adapt to the business framework set out by oil and gas companies. DNV GL supports you and your suppliers in your endeavours to develop, build, modify and operate assets.
The current focus particularly on reducing costs and increasing oil field safety is putting increased pressure on players in the offshore industry. The classification and advisory services from DNV GL aim to relieve this pressure by providing support in:
- Regulatory compliance (class, continental shelf, flag requirements)
- Contractual compliance (operator requirements)
- Total cost of operation (CAPEX, OPEX, revenue)
- Production regularity (uptime, capacity)
- Mobilisation (new charter, scheduled shutdown)
The special challenges that offshore units and vessels face during design, building or operation require quick response and support from competent partners. Working with leading companies in this industry, DNV GL continuously develops standards and the competence needed to cater to best practices, and we assist in setting new standards for safeguarding life, property and the environment at sea.
Our offshore vessel type expertise includes, among others:
- Wind turbine installation vessels
- Floating production storage and offloading units
- Jack-ups or self-elevating units
- Offshore service vessels