Risk & Safety, Systems Engineering
Explore our advisory services networkGo to network
With the recent US VGP 2013, ship owners and operator are compelled to use EALs (Environmentally Acceptable Lubricants) on board their ships in any oil-to-sea interface, unless technically infeasible.
DNV GL is your partner for supporting you when sailing in US waters. The current VGP 2013 (US EPA – Vessel General Permit) contains strengthened regulations regarding a vessel’s discharges. We have the expertise and know-how you need.
Our service for EAL compliance with the VGP includes:
- A compact template to collect all relevant information, followed by a review and verification of the provided documentation.
- We deliver proper documentation concerning the use of lubricants in oil-to-sea interfaces as required by the US EPA for the annual report.
- The stamped EAL report covers all applicable oil-to-sea-interfaces and, together with the EAL Factual Statement of Compliance, documented proof is provided.
Benefit from EAL compliance with DNV GL today:
- Efficient and reliable EAL compliance processes
- Independent, third-party verification
- Stamped EAL report and EAL Factual Statement of Compliance