Managers in today’s extremely competitive maritime industry need to cope with ongoing technical, regulatory and commercial developments. They must also be able to anticipate future developments and act proactively. It is essential that they have up-to-date skills and comprehensive knowledge if they want to retain their competitive edge.
This Postgraduate Diploma has been designed to provide a “boot camp” for managers. Drawing on the strengths and expertise of WMU and DNV GL, it addresses current topics of critical importance in the maritime industry with a blended learning approach to operational, commercial and technical issues.
The Postgraduate Diploma consists of five modules that cover the following topics:
- Setting the Scene: Contemporary Global Maritime Regulatory and Management Issues in the Shipping Sector
- Remaining Competitive in a Changing Market: Strategic Financial Tools
- Managing Resources: Human Resource Management, Organizational Processes and Leadership in a Maritime Context
- Mastering Complexity: Effective Management of Safety, Security and Risk
- Staying Ahead of the Curve: Maritime Environmental Technology, Sustainability and Challenges
More information and registration
If you are interested in participating in the Postgraduate Diploma please take a look at our website
You can find all the information you need about the set-up of the programme, a description of the content and the modules, who are the instructors, what are the fees and which terms and conditions apply.
With our easy-to-use online application tool you can register directly.
We look forward to welcoming you in our Postgraduate Diploma.