Managers in today’s extremely competitive maritime industry need the skills to effectively anticipate and manage developments in the fast-paced maritime industry. The ability to address developments proactively requires up-to-date skills and comprehensive knowledge to retain a competitive edge.
With this Postgraduate Diploma WMU and DNV GL’s Maritime Academy aim at providing a holistic executive education for maritime managers and have therefore condensed the major areas of interest coming from the administration, technical, operational and commercial sides of the maritime industry into this programme.
Maritime professionals who wish to enhance their experience and expertise in an exclusively highly qualified environment should hold at least five years of of work experience either in the administration, regulatory, technical, commercial and scientific sides of maritime operations; and a Bachelor’s degree in a relevant discipline or a Master Mariner/Chief Engineer qualification.
The diploma will consist of five core modules covering topics from environmental issues, to safety and quality, including human resources and leadership matters, as well as financial considerations and technical updates:
- Setting the Scene: Contemporary Global Maritime Regulatory and Management Issues in the Shipping Sector
- Mastering Complexity: Effective Management of Safety, Security and Risk
- Managing Resources: Human Resource Management, Organisational Processes and Leadership in a Maritime Context
- Remaining Competitive in a Changing Market: Strategic Financial Tools
- Staying Ahead of the Curve: Maritime Environmental Technology, Sustainability and Challenges
The programme runs for eleven months, from August 2016 to July 2017. After successful completion of all requirements students are awarded a “Postgraduate Diploma in Executive Maritime Management” issued by WMU. The successful completion of the program awards 40 ECTS credits (European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System).
Flexibility in the way you study is vital and therefore we invite you to choose the mode of delivery according to your individual convenience:
- Distance learning mode – you prefer flexibility in your time planning and flexibility in the location
- Classroom learning mode – you prefer live discussions with people around and experts close to you
Individual selection for the mode of delivery – you prefer to have some of the modules in a classroom, while for other modules you prefer the flexibility of time and place?
Then you have the option to decide on the modes of delivery for the first two modules when registering for the programme, and on the modes of delivery for the last three modules when the programme starts. This makes the programme truly flexible and most convenient for you.
Classroom-based learning will take place in selected DNV GL Maritime Academies worldwide. Distance learning will be via the latest e-education systems and can be completed from any location worldwide.
Registration is open and courses will begin in August 2016: www.maritime-executive-diploma.com