- Author: Per Wiggo Richardsen
- Keywords: Group, Maritime, Other sectors, Maritime
Tor E. Svensen, CEO DNV GL Maritime, says “I am really pleased to have Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen on board in this role. He has more than 20 years of experience from a variety of disciplines. I look forward to develop DNV GL’s maritime business area together with him and all the other highly competent people in our organisation.”
“I am confident that the Maritime leadership team will ensure that we deliver high quality services to our customers and through this secure and strengthen our position in the market,” says Henrik O. Madsen, DNV GL Group President & CEO.
“I am excited about this possibility to develop DNV GL further in the shipping and offshore industries together with our customers and colleagues throughout the world. Looking ahead, we are all facing times of change and opportunities,” says Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen.
Knut Ørbeck-Nilssen holds a Bachelor of Engineering degree from Heriot-Watt University where he was awarded a First Class Honour’s Degree in Civil Engineering in 1990. He also has an undergraduate degree from Oslo Polytechnic in Civil Engineering from 1987. Ørbeck-Nilssen began his career in DNV in Oslo in 1990 as a structural engineer. His experience includes a variety of technical disciplines, project management and different management positions. He has also served 2 years for DNV in Japan.
In January 2010, Ørbeck-Nilssen assumed the position as Chief Operating Officer of Division Norway, Finland & Russia. In September 2013 Ørbeck-Nilssen took on the role as Director of Division Europe*, Africa & Americas (*excluding Germany) in DNV GL’s maritime business area.
For a transition period, he will hold both the position as COO of Maritime and Director of Division Europe*, Africa & Americas (*excluding Germany).
DNV GL in brief:
- DNV GL's objective is to safeguard life, property and the environment. Organised in four business areas: Maritime, Oil & Gas, Energy and Business Assurance
- Offers ship and offshore classification, certification and verification in addition to software services and advisory services
- Mainly works within the maritime, oil & gas and energy industries
- Also offers certification and sustainability advisory services to a large number of other industries worldwide
- The group currently invests about 5% of its total revenues in strategic research & innovation
- Headquartered at Høvik outside Oslo, Norway
- DNV GL employs around 16,000 people in some 100 countries
- The DNV Foundation owns 63.5 per cent of DNV GL, while Mayfair owns 36.5 per cent.
High resolution images