Assets in focus
With our depth of expertise and experience, we are well placed to understand the complexities of specific subsea system components and how they interact. Working with our customers and partners, we develop robust solutions to continuously develop the sector.
Our subsea experts are and have been leading a number of industry initiatives in order to develop greater industry standardization in subsea system management. These include:
- DNV GL’s certification scheme for subsea equipment and manufacturing components (DNVGL-SE-0045)
- Standardised subsea documentation (joint industry project), leading to DNVGL-RP-O101 Technical documentation for subsea projects
- Steel forgings for subsea application (joint industry project) (DNVGL-RP-0034 Steel forgings for subsea application)
- Offshore leak detection (joint industry project) leading to an update of DNV-RP-302 Selection and use of subsea leak detection systems (DNVGL-RP-F302 Offshore leak detection)
- Design of duplex stainless steel subsea equipment exposed to cathodic protection (joint industry project) leading to an update of DNVGL-RP-F112
- Integrity management of subsea production systems (recommended practice DNVGL-RP-0002).
- Carcass capacity
- Polymer viscoelastic behaviour
- Leak rate
- Sand erosion
- Singing risers
- Composite armour.
Drilling and well
We offer a number of services to assist customers in the development of drilling and well systems. These include:
- Wellhead fatigue and drilling risers for jack-ups and floating rigs
- Workover, intervention and well control systems
- Well verification.