Approval of non-metallic materials
DNV GL offers you broad expertise in the approval of non-metallic materials for maritime applications.
To enhance trust and confidence with your customers, you need to demonstrate that your products are of high quality and suitable for their specific applications.
Our experience and knowledge makes us your partner of choice for type approval and individual approval of non-metallic materials used for:
- Hulls and superstructures of ships, lifeboats or recreational crafts
- Ship components like pipes and fittings, rudder bearing bushing materials and more
- Acrylic windows for submersibles and underwater installations
- Bonding of products
- Further parts of ships and other maritime products
We develop tailored type approval programs for material testing. By having materials tested in accordance with such a program, the manufacturer demonstrates that its materials or products have properties that make them suitable for application in DNV GL classed ships or installations.
DNV GL’s experts for materials also carry out “type examinations”, i.e. approvals based on relevant nationally or internationally recognised standards.
Your business benefits from our tailored services for non-metallic materials:
- Expert support and guidance from our dedicated specialists whenever you need it
- Smart and efficient approval processes
- Listing of the certificates for your materials and products on our website so that potential customers can easily find you