Under the right economic conditions, co-firing biomass is an effective way to reduce your operating costs. We can help you assess the potential benefits for your plant(s) through a proven co-firing assessment methodology that allows you to understand both the short- and long-term implications of using biomass.
This methodology draws on 20 years’ hands-on experience of direct and indirect co-firing of various biomass fuels. During this time we have been involved in over 50 small and full-scale trials, with mixtures of coal and biomass at up to 30% of the overall volume of fuel.
Besides conducting feasibility studies, we can support you in actual implementation of co-fired installations based on the results of these studies.
- Profitable option where right subsidy conditions exist:
- Savings of up to 50 million Euros for full conversion
- 2-10 million Euros for a 20% biomass co-firing
- Increased share of renewables in your power production portfolio
- Flexible and dispatchable renewable power
- Can offer older coal fired units a new “license to operate”
- Highly competitive MWh / Euro return compared to other renewable sources