Emergency preparedness and incident investigation
The Loss Causation Model from DNV GL helps to understand the contributing factors that underly maritime incidents and accidents.
Emergency preparedness and crisis management is necessary as a way to prevent and mitigate unwanted events that may disturb the daily operation of your vessel. In the event of an accident or high potential incident, you can ensure that your company learns and benefits most from such events by performing an investigation that is in accordance with national and international regulations and expectations of insurance companies.
There are several ways to perform emergency preparedness and crisis management, and we can support you at an individual and organizational level:
- We assess your organization’s governance to optimize policies and procedures
- We perform CRIOPs and SCTAs to support individuals in performing their allocated tasks during emergency situations.
- Similarly, we offer incident investigation tools and services that explain the role of human, organizational and technical factors in the run up to unwanted incidents and accidents.
Together, we can make sure that your company maximizes the benefits of an investigation to learn and prevent similar events from happening in the future.
|>> Watch our incident investigation process tutorial video available below <<|
The experts at DNV GL have developed a systematic approach to emergency preparedness, crisis management and incident investigation:
Safety Management System Assessment
We assess the quality of your governance documentation on emergency preparedness, crisis management and incident investigation, also in light of regulations, charterers’ requirements and company policies.
Gain insight into the causes of an accident by understanding the underlying human, organizational and technical factors.
Major accident understanding
Increase your understanding of incidents leading up to a major accident, and learn to differentiate between occupational and major accident risk.
Crisis intervention and operability (CRIOP) analysis
We verify and validate the extent to which a new or modified system, e.g. the bridge or engine room, can safely and efficiently handle all intended modes of operation.
Safety-critical task analysis (SCTA)
Know whom to allocate which task to and when by analysing requirements for safe and effective human behaviour in all intended modes of operation.
We are your reliable partner for supporting the safety and efficiency of your operations:
- Optimize the interaction between the crew, your organisation and technology
- Improve safe performance and minimize economic loss
- Identify potential safety improvements in staffing, procedures, training, operations, design and more
- Expert support with workshops, analysis and competence development in a simple and straightforward way
- Learn from accidents to prevent future loss and optimize current performance
- Reduce the risk of your biggest fear: a major accident involving damage to life and the environment