Offshore US GoM verification services
Benjamin P Parker
Principal Engineer/ Surveyor
Get in touch with your local officeFind office details
We help you ensure the appropriate safety and reliability of your drilling equipment through our US offshore verification services.
The USCG has detailed regulations for floating facilities and drilling equipment. Differences in the accepted rules and standards, and the variety of complementing requirements, have led to uncertainties among operators.
We support owners and operators of production and drilling units wishing to engage in activities in the US Gulf of Mexico Outer Continental Shelf (OCS). We help remove uncertainity and leverage our expert knowledge for the benefit of your production process.
Our verification approach is based on:
- A transparent road map, based on the DNV GL classification rules and services as building blocks, and identifying additional US Coast Guard design and equipment requirements for these units that are not otherwise covered by the rules
- Dedicated experts guiding you through relevant requirements and solutions
- Seamless integration with the site assessment team and rig personnel during the verification process
Not only are we involved in witnessing of well testing as required by 30 CFR Part 250, but we complement this by reviewing on-site documentation to ensure that you are prepared for visits from various authorities such as the Bureau of Safety and Environmental Enforcement (BSEE) in the Gulf of Mexico.
Choose our offshore services for the US Gulf of Mexico and gain:
- Confidence that your drilling, production plant and blowout prevention (BOP) equipment will perform as required
- Assurance that your plant is compliant with the requirements for your field of operations both during building and the operation of your unit
- Support to be prepared for visits by various authorities such as the BSEE in the Gulf of Mexico