Ship Implementation Plan application
To facilitate compliance with the Global Sulphur Cap, IMO has developed a guidance for a Ship-specific Implementation Plan (SIP)
The Ship Implementation plan addresses issues related to preparing the vessel for use of compliant fuel oil and includes items such as risk assessment and planning for actions needed to ensure compliance on 1 January 2020. Preparing a good plan can enable a smoother transition into 2020.
DNV GL has developed a web-based application to support ship owners and managers in preparing their Ship-specific Implementation Plans and maintaining an overview of their fleet.
The plan is not mandatory and is not subject to endorsement by the flag state or a recognized organization (RO). However, PSC may consider the preparatory actions described in the SIP when verifying compliance.
Items covered by the plan can include, as appropriate, but are not limited to:
- Risk assessment and mitigation plan (impact of new fuels)
- Fuel oil system modifications and tank cleaning (if needed)
- Fuel oil capacity and segregation capability
- Procurement of compliant fuel
- Fuel oil changeover plan (conventional residual fuel oils to 0.50% sulphur compliant fuel oil)
- Documentation and reporting
Benefits of the web-based Ship Implementation Plan app:
- Save time & effort with a user-friendly tool for developing ship implementation plans.
- Helps you focus on preparing quality plans by making informed decisions
- Instant overview of your fleet and the progress of your plans
- A solid implementation plan ensures a smoother transition into 2020 and can serve as documentation for charterers and authorities