SOLAS survey and certification service
Head of Section - Statutory Technical Support
Get in touch with your local officeFind office details
We provide statutory survey and certification services based on SOLAS and flag state specific national requirements for DNV GL-classed ships.
The SOLAS convention regulates mandatory safety aspects for ships on international voyages such as construction, stability, machinery, electrical installations, fire safety, life-saving appliances, navigation, communications and carriage of cargoes.
DNV GL supports the safety of your ship or offshore unit, even prior to design and construction, right to the end of its service life.
Immediately after the survey on board, we issue the required international certificates for proving the safety of the ship and crew, such as:
- Cargo Ship Safety Construction Certificate
- Cargo Ship Safety Equipment Certificate
- Cargo Ship Safety Radio Certificate
- Passenger Ship Safety Certificate
Our well-trained and experienced surveyors and office staff involved in the different SOLAS statutory service processes are at your side.
DNV GL maintains extensive technical and knowledge databases for IMO, EU, ILO, IACS, national flag States, environmental and safety requirements, enabling us to always be on top of regulatory developments.
We safeguard the uniform implementation of the relevant international and specific flag state requirements by maintaining close cooperation with all major flag states and other stakeholders.
We meet your needs without compromising on safety:
- Safeguarding compliance with mandatory requirements with our worldwide surveyor network and office personnel
- Providing a sense of proportion when applying statutory requirements
- Assistance in technical discussions with flag state administrations for newbuildings and fleet in service
- Reducing the burden on owners and managers who, in consequence, have more time to focus on their core business