The International Convention on Tonnage Measurement of Ships (ITC69) applies to vessels engaged in international trade. Tonnage is not only crucial for many regulations but also used for calculating fees or other purposes.
DNV GL supports the safety of your ship or offshore unit before the first drawing is ever made – up to the end of your asset’s service life.
Our well-trained surveyors and office staff involved in the tonnage measurement, calculation and certification processes are at your side.
We maintain extensive knowledge databases not only for IMO and related IACS safety requirements but also for national specifications, enabling us to always be on top of regulatory developments.
We safeguard a uniform implementation of the relevant international and local requirements by maintaining close cooperation with all the major stakeholders.
We focus on the individual application of requirements to meet your needs:
- Safeguarding compliancy with mandatory requirements by our worldwide surveyor network and office personnel
- The issuance of
- International Tonnage Certificate (1969)
- Tonnage Certificate (for vessel under 24m in length)
- Certificate of Survey
- Certificate of Survey (Tonnage Measurement)
- Suez Canal Special Tonnage Certificate
- Panama Canal PC/UMS Documentation of Total Volume
- Tonnage Certificate according Oslo Convention 1947