Wind farm project certification
Project certification helps you to achieve stable operation and proper risk management.
In a competitive energy sector, the ability to consistently produce sustainable power is essential. This requires reliable quality, stable operation and proper risk management at all times. DNV GL’s wind farm project certification helps you achieve exactly this.
We provide you with a well-proven, totally independent review and approval of wind turbines, support structures, substations, power cables and control station at a specific location. This takes into account all relevant factors, such as soil conditions. By having your project certified, you demonstrate risk awareness and willingness to address such challenges. And that gives potential investors and other stakeholders more confidence in you.
Onshore and offshore
Certification comprises a range of specific technical reviews and certifications such as:
- Site-specific environmental conditions verification
- Design basis certification
- Design verification of integrated structural systems
- Manufacturing surveillance of support structures, substation, power cables and wind turbines
- Transport and installation surveillance and
- Commissioning witnessing
Certification is offered among others according to the following specifications:
- DNVGL-SE-0073 Project certification of wind farms according to IEC 61400-22
- DNVGL-SE-0190 Project certification of wind power plants
You can find more details on our Service Specification DNVGL-SE-0190 for project certification of wind power plants here.
Project certification according to our Service Specification DNVGL-SE-0190
Project certification according to our Service Specification DNVGL-SE-0073