Upon completion of the course the participants will have a good understanding of the background, role, requirements and activities of classification societies as relevant to their situation as suppliers to the maritime world.
The training will be supported by Survey Simulator in order to take participants to a virtual vessel and turn theory to practice.
Who should attend:
Duration: 1 day
The course focuses on:
- Background of classification societies
- Principles and scope of classification
- Statutory regime and major maritime conventions (SOLAS, MARPOL, Load Line)
- Certification of component and materials
- Survey of ships during construction
- Survey of ships in operational phase