It is required that the participants are familiar with hydrodynamic analysis, riser design and non-linear analysis. No previous experience in use of Sesam is mandatory, but it is beneficial to have knowledge of Sesam's hydrodynamic tools as used in SE-06 Hydrodynamic analysis of offshore floaters - frequency domain.
SE-18 Coupled motion analysis and riser design of floating offshore installations
The course introduces the Sesam tools for carrying out both coupled floater motion analysis of individual lines in time domain (mooring and riser analysis). Modelling of the slender structure, set-up and execution of the analysis, as well as post-processing the analysis results, will be covered.
The following topics will be covered:
- Concept modelling of riser/mooring system and vessels
- Environmental load modelling
- Coupled analysis, set up and execution
- The Seamless interaction with HydroD, Simo and Riflex
- Static configuration of vessel/mooring system
- Post processing of time series results
- Fatigue analysis of lines
- ULS code checking of steel risers
Structural engineers/naval architects involved in design or verification of floating offshore installations and the interaction with their risers and moorings.