The course introduces the Sesam tools for carrying out both coupled floater motion analysis of individual lines in time domain (mooring and riser analysis). Modelling of the slender structure, set-up and execution of the analysis, as well as post-processing the analysis results, will be covered.
The following topics will be covered:
- Concept modelling of riser/mooring system and vessels
- Environmental load modelling
- Coupled analysis, set up and execution
- The Seamless interaction with HydroD, Simo and Riflex
- Static configuration of vessel/mooring system
- Post processing of time series results
- Fatigue analysis of lines
- ULS code checking of steel risers
Structural engineers/naval architects involved in design or verification of floating offshore installations and the interaction with their risers and moorings.