The course introduces the FNCorrosion module (marine corrosion software), demonstrating the work flow and discussing the art of the possible. Geometry and mesh pre-processing is undertaken in GeniE, boundary conditions and solver settings are set in the FNCorrosion GUI, and results are viewed in Xtract and Notepad.
See how FNCorrosion can assess the coverage of cathodic protection (passive anodes and/or ICCP) through the life of a structure. Discuss how models can be improved with on-site measurements, and how to identify corrosion risk locations for incorporation into inspection strategy.
The course will include a run through of three tutorial cases:
- Monopile with passive anode elements
- Semi-submersible with ICCP
- Jacket structure with ICCP
You will learn how to use Sesam to assess cathodic protection system design:
- The benefits of modeling cathodic protection systems
- Learn how to use GeniE to construct panel models for FNCorrosion
- Selection and editing boundary conditions
- Solver settings and troubleshooting
- Reviewing the results in Xtract
Material and corrosion engineers, or structural engineers supporting corrosion and material specialists.